So not only did you teach me about writing memoir, you also taught me about reading and thinking about how others write memoir. Thank you so much! Rebecca

Accepting what is to come

You can’t change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Gene Hirsch's poetry class at the Writers Circle was a Big Success

Can you believe it? Gene Hirsch held a POETRY writing class right here at my house, and I was ill and unable to attend! Now that is really the pits. First comment sent to me was:
Gene was really wonderful. His talent is staggering!
THANK YOU for hosting us all.


Thanks to Mary Mike Keller and to Gay, my sister, for hosting for me.
and a big thank you to Dr. Gene Hirsch for giving his time and his love of poetry to others.

2 comments:

  1. Glenda,
    I hope you are feeling better. I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend your Writers' Circle. I really wanted to attend. Mama (Blanche) is feeling better. I know Gene was great. I always enjoy his classes. I'm glad Gay and Mike could fill in for your and host the class. Maybe next time I will be able to attend a workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, I'm sorry you had to miss Gene's class. I've heard nothing but good things about it. He says he will come back in later summer and do another. Hope this time you and I will be able to attend.
    So glad Blanche is feeling better, too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments in the comment box. They will not show up immediately, but will publish once I moderate them. I respond to your comments when I read them.