So not only did you teach me about writing memoir, you also taught me about reading and thinking about how others write memoir. Thank you so much! Rebecca

Accepting what is to come

You can’t change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Writers' Circle or Writers Circle

When I titled my writing studio and my writing program " Writers Circle," I didn't mean the possessive Writers' Circle. In my title, the writers come and form a circle where they meet, make friends, and network with each other. They also talk and write about themselves or write fiction or just sit around a table and enjoy being here in my place with me.
In my title, Writers is plural and circle is a verb, not a noun.

Isn't that the beauty of language? We can make it say whatever we want.

5 comments:

  1. Glenda -
    Oh how wonderful that you've started the Writers Circle! With your old blog down, this is the first I've heard that it's up and running. I'm so happy for you, and so thrilled that you are able to share your wonderful talents with more students.

    Good luck with it!

    -Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. This site looks wonderful to me--so modern and upbeat! Even the black background that makes it so contemporary doesn't hamper readability. Well done, I'd say.

    I like maybe best of all, your explanation of your title." Circle" as a verb--enticing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenda,
    I like the look of your blog very much. You've done a great job designing it. The name for the Writer's Circle is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Glenda,

    Just a comment about your new blog. I think you've done an excellent job on it and I will enjoy it in the future. The blog is easy to read and easy to navigate. Keep up the good work.

    Gay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of all is your opening that states that "circle" is a verb. On with your good work!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments in the comment box. They will not show up immediately, but will publish once I moderate them. I respond to your comments when I read them.