So not only did you teach me about writing memoir, you also taught me about reading and thinking about how others write memoir. Thank you so much! Rebecca

Accepting what is to come

You can’t change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Try to find an agent, or not?

Yes, I am a fan of agents, but it depends on your goals,
experience, knowledge base, and desires whether you use one
or not. No, they aren't easy to land, but having one can 
improve your odds . . . depends on what you're gambling on.
                                        ----  C.  Hope Clark

WHY DO I NEED AN AGENT?

Hope Clark has an in-depth article in her latest newsletter. Click on the link below to read more.


4 comments:

  1. I don't have one, but that was my own choice. Will I ever? I don't know . . . I'm not querying for them, so I guess that answers it for now :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of C. Hope Clark. I agree with what she has said without any personal experience to back it up. She just makes sense. I keep trying...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy Purcell:
    I love C.Hope Clark. She is great at sharing her knowledge and hope with other writers.
    I can tell you what having an agent to go to can do for you, even if you don't have a book in the hopper yet. It's a positive motivator toward finishing the project and doing the rewrites until the book is ready for the agents discerning eye.
    Today, with Amazon and others assisting an author and allowing you to get your name on a book and in the hands or Kindle of a reader, well, that's not a bad thing either. It's your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the quote! Yep, we are responsible for our own decisions. We have to choose and deal with the rewards and consequences. I think that's great.

    Hope
    www.fundsforwriters.com
    www.chopeclark.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments in the comment box. They will not show up immediately, but will publish once I moderate them. I respond to your comments when I read them.