So not only did you teach me about writing memoir, you also taught me about reading and thinking about how others write memoir. Thank you so much! Rebecca

Accepting what is to come

You can’t change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails.

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Robert Lee Brewer taught three hour workshop at Writers Circle Today.

A big thank you to the poets who came to Writers circle today for a class with Robert Brewer. Thank you for leaving off the perfume and other fragrance. I was able to enjoy every minute with these intelligent writers and with a very interesting instructor.


Although Robert has an important job with F & W media which publishes the Writer's Market, Poet's Market and Writer's Digest magazine, he is humble and unassuming about himself and his poetry. He wants to help writers as I do, so we have the same goals. And he wants to communicate through his poetry. I also feel that my purpose in writing prose or poetry is to communicate.

Here are a few photos I made of our class today.
 Robert Lee Brewer gave tips on revision and a handout to guide us in that endeavor. He also read to us from his new collection,
Solving the World's Problems, and from Escape, a chapbook.


L-R: Maren Mitchell, Rosemary Royston, Joan Howard, Janice Moore, Estelle Rice, Brenda Kay Ledford, Linda Jones, Staci Lynn Bell.

L-R: Estelle Rice, Brenda Kay Ledford, Linda Jones, Staci Lynn Bell

If you haven't taken a class at Writers Circle Around the Table this year, be sure to sign up for our next workshop on October 12 with Michael Diebert, poetry editor of The Chattahoochee Review. Remember our space is limited so don't wait too late to register.
Click on the Schedule page on this blog to see fees and how to mail your registration.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments in the comment box. They will not show up immediately, but will publish once I moderate them. I respond to your comments when I read them.