So not only did you teach me about writing memoir, you also taught me about reading and thinking about how others write memoir. Thank you so much! Rebecca

Accepting what is to come

You can’t change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails.

Friday, September 16, 2016

Book Fairs at Franklin and Waynesville in November

We have been told that the libraries in Franklin NC and in Waynesville, NC will be holding book fairs on November 5. Franklin in the morning and Waynesville in the afternoon. Authors can contact the libraries and sign up for a free table and the opportunity to sell your books at no charge!  How good is that?

So many times we find that we have to pay more for a venue table than we make selling our books. 

I applaud these libraries for their generosity and support of local writers. I hope I can attend one of these events. Years ago when I went to Waynesville for a book fair at the old courthouse there, I must have spent over 100 dollars on books and I had a great time meeting and talking with so many writers. 

It was there I first met Fred Chappell who was so cute and fun. He let me make a photo with him. Thanks Wally Avett for letting me know about the book fairs. 

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant initiative.
    Good luck. I hope your stall is a huge success - and that you have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments in the comment box. They will not show up immediately, but will publish once I moderate them. I respond to your comments when I read them.