So not only did you teach me about writing memoir, you also taught me about reading and thinking about how others write memoir. Thank you so much! Rebecca

Accepting what is to come

You can’t change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails.

Friday, February 15, 2019

Planning to Publish a Book?

Important decisions when you are planning to publish a book:
Don't skimp on cover design.

Cover design - Most important. If you want to use a picture or photograph, find a cover designer who can use your picture in the best way. You might find your photograph does not make the best cover. Look at the work of a cover designer online and find one whose work you like. Authors are not always the best judges of what makes a good cover. I learned the hard way. 
When I published my chapbook in 2009, I did not use color in my cover. What a mistake. My book that I worked on for years, gets lost on a book shelf. Make sure your cover is eye-catching and represents what your book has to say.


1 comment:

  1. I have learnt (here in the blogosphere) that becoming a published writer requires a myriad of talents. And my awe grows.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments in the comment box. They will not show up immediately, but will publish once I moderate them. I respond to your comments when I read them.