So not only did you teach me about writing memoir, you also taught me about reading and thinking about how others write memoir. Thank you so much! Rebecca

Accepting what is to come

You can’t change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails.

Monday, January 6, 2020

Creative Writing Class in March 2020 open for registration now

We will soon be welcoming Spring and that means I will be teaching my Creative Writing Class at Tri-County Community College. If your writing has just gone stale and you can't seem to make yourself sit down and put words on paper, take this class. If you are a new writer and need some help from friendly folks, just like you, and a teacher who remembers what it was like in the beginning, register for this class. 

We will meet on Monday evenings, March 9 - March 30 at 6 - 8 PM on the campus of TCCC.

Description:
Creative Writing: Perhaps you want to write about yourself or other people you know, places you have been or family history. Perhaps you have always had stories wandering around in your brain and you want to write fiction. Not sure? Your questions will be answered to help you discover your writing niche. This class is for aspiring writers or others who need motivation to put words on paper.

Join this informative class and learn from Glenda Council Beall who lives in the mountains of western North Carolina and whose work has been widely published since 1996 in numerous journals, magazines and online reviews.  She is also the author of three books.


Eight hours of instruction, Mondays, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM at Tri-County Community College   $50.00

Register with Lisa Long, Director of Community Outreach, by calling 828-835-4241 or email her: LLong@tricountycc.edu

Comment from a writing student in 2018:

Glenda Beall's studio creates a safe atmosphere where I can be vulnerable in my learning, my writing and the group's critics. She imbues a tenderness of spirit that is contagious. It manifests as a well- grounded kindness that encourages the person and supports the writing process. ...Thank you, Glenda, for your many years of service to the writing communities. Sincerely and with much gratitude… Ayer G. (writing student, 2018)


Another former student:
Yours was the first writing course I’ve taken in years and you gave me not only many wonderful insights but lots of fun and very welcome encouragement....I’ve been thinking about applying for a low residency MFA program as I transition into retirement (again).
--- Don B. - student in class at John C. Campbell Folk School.


Our classes at TCCC are fun and informative. I am always delighted when the students say they don't want the classes to end.
No pressure, just encouragement and tips from knowledge I gleaned from my teachers and all the workshops I have taken for twenty-five years. Beginners are welcome. We will help you get your thoughts and memories on the page.
Put the dates on your calendar now and sign up now. 
Remember, if the class is not full a week before March 9, it might be cancelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments in the comment box. They will not show up immediately, but will publish once I moderate them. I respond to your comments when I read them.