So not only did you teach me about writing memoir, you also taught me about reading and thinking about how others write memoir. Thank you so much! Rebecca

Accepting what is to come

You can’t change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails.

Saturday, September 23, 2023

Great Classes both online and in person

I received an email from my friend, Carol Crawford, today and I must share it with you, my readers. Carol is a writer, editor, and teacher of writing. I have taken many classes with her over the years. I met her when I first moved to Hayesville, NC in 1995. She was then the facilitator for our NCWN-West Poetry critique group. She is the kind of instructor I always want when I take a class. She never makes you feel dumb and never hurts your feelings. She is an "encourager" as I am when I teach.

The classes she will be teaching are through the John C. Campbell Folk School. Last year I took one of her online classes and learned a great deal about my own writing and where I want to go with it.

One of Carol's classes will be taught at the folk school in Brasstown, NC. It is a weeklong class and I am going to do my best to participate. With so much going on in my life at this time, I am not writing much and I have two books I want to complete while I am still able to think and work at my computer. However, if my genes are as good as my sister, June's genes were, I will be sharp until the day I cross over.  

Check out the dates and see what appeals to you.

Dear Writers,

 I hope you are enjoying cooler temperatures as you plan your fall and winter.  I want to let you know about a couple of writing classes I will be teaching in the next few months.  

 An ONLINE class, Plot the Path to your Memoir, Part 1, will be November 4, 2023

 The follow-up class, also ONLINEPlot the Path to your Memoir, Part 2, will be January 27, 2024.  Here's the link: 

https://www.lessonface.com/apply/Plot-Path-Memoir

 An IN PERSON class, Creative Nonfiction, will be January 14 - 192024, on the John C. Campbell Folk School campus.  Here's that link.

 https://folkschool.configio.com/pd/1749/the-art-of-creative-nonfiction?st_t=2077&st_ti=2516&cid=2527&returncom=productlist&source=search

 



Please feel free to write to me with any questions about these classes.  I encourage you to check out other writing classes at the Folk School as well. They have some great offerings!

 

Carol

Website:  carolcrawfordediting.com

Email:  carol@carolcrawfordediting.com


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments in the comment box. They will not show up immediately, but will publish once I moderate them. I respond to your comments when I read them.