So not only did you teach me about writing memoir, you also taught me about reading and thinking about how others write memoir. Thank you so much! Rebecca

Accepting what is to come

You can’t change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails.

Monday, November 21, 2016

For Novelists - words from Claire Cook

Claire Cook writes about publishing and becoming an Indie Author.

If you write novels and plan to publish novels, I advise you to read this post on Jane Friedman's site. It is by Claire Cook, author of Must Love Dogs and many other books. I met Claire at the Blue Ridge Writers' Conference in Blue Ridge Georgia a few years ago. She  has built her readership mostly on Twitter, I think, and she is a  popular author.

In this article, she explains how the traditional publishing world failed her and why she left her agent who had been with her for years. She is a hybrid author, having published traditionally and now she controls her publishing with her own company. She is an independent author.

Claire gives us a picture of what is happening in the world of publishing today and why many authors are choosing to self-publish even though they have been with traditional publishers for many years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments in the comment box. They will not show up immediately, but will publish once I moderate them. I respond to your comments when I read them.