So not only did you teach me about writing memoir, you also taught me about reading and thinking about how others write memoir. Thank you so much! Rebecca

Accepting what is to come

You can’t change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails.

Monday, February 16, 2015

Two Top-Rated Writers' Conferences in Netwest Region in 2015

April 10-11 -- Blue Ridge Writers’ Conference in Blue Ridge Georgia, at the Blue Ridge Arts Center, 420 West Main Street, Blue Ridge, GA 30513 – (706)632-2144 

For 18 years the Blue Ridge Writers’ Conference, founded by Carol Crawford, has brought to the north Georgia mountains some outstanding poets, writers, agents and publishers. This year author Patricia Sprinkle and essayist Amy Blackmarr will be there. I am a big fan of Blackmarr. The cost of this conference is well within the budget of most of us and within driving distance.

Blue Ridge, Georgia, a charming town with excellent restaurants and shopping is a perfect getaway to enjoy networking and meeting important people in the literary world while exploring the small mountain town. When we gather with like-minded people, talk to them and listen to them, we learn more than we ever thought we would.

I met Robert Brewer, editor and popular blogger for Writers’ Digest, at the Blue Ridge Writers’ Conference a few years ago. I attended his sessions and liked what I heard. Later that year I sent him an essay that he posted on his blog. Later I sent him another essay about why I like to interview authors instead of writing reviews. He published that. You can imagine how many readers he has for his blogs. Robert came to Writers Circle and taught a class in the studio. Conferences are important to the career of any writer.

Visit the website http://www.blueridgewritersconference.com/ and download the registration form. Send in your fee before the end of March to ensure your discount.

North Carolina Writers’ Network Fall Conference, Double Tree Hotel in Asheville, NC. – November 20-22, 2015

Every few years NCWN holds its Fall Writers’ Conference in Asheville, the most accessible city for those of us who live in the far western part of North Carolina.

These conferences are important for those who are serious writers, who want to publish their work and for those who want to learn the craft. NCWN plans the program carefully with something for beginning and more experienced writers.

From Hayesville, where I live, I can drive to Asheville in two hours. I like to stay over at least one night and I find a more reasonable hotel that I can afford. Those who live closer drive over each day and have little cost for this fine conference.

I suggest you put these dates on your calendar now. Visit www.ncwriters.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments in the comment box. They will not show up immediately, but will publish once I moderate them. I respond to your comments when I read them.