So not only did you teach me about writing memoir, you also taught me about reading and thinking about how others write memoir. Thank you so much! Rebecca

Accepting what is to come

You can’t change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails.

Friday, April 26, 2024

Recovery and Anxious to Teach Again

Young Glenda who thought she was too thin.

I look forward to teaching more memoir classes in June
. The classes will be on Zoom and I will continue with six or more students in two and one half hour sessions. 

In my last classes, I was delighted with my students and how they shared their life stories. They have said they will sign up again. Many of their narratives are publishable in the right venue.

By the second week in June, I will have my house on the market with a good realtor. I know someone will want my home which is privately set on a lot with no neighbors around it but the turkeys, the deer, and lots of birds. I see Pileated Woodpeckers from my living room. A small owl perched all day on my downstairs deck and hummingbirds flock to my feeders. In an old birdhouse in front, a pair of bluebirds hatch their young every spring. Wrens and other small birds like my deck garden where they build nests and teach their fledglings how to fly. 
1995 when we moved to our home
in the mountains

Everyone says my house will sell and sell quickly. I tear up at the thought of leaving a place where I spent some of the happiest times of my life with my husband of 45 years. But I am resetting my sails to deal with the winds of aging and health issues. Some things we have no control over, however, I constantly work at being able to write, teach, and to see loved ones. My sister, Gay, and I find things to laugh about every day and many of those things involve our misspoken names, words, or foolish things we do. We laugh at ourselves. I believe laughter is healing and love is, also. 

I will hold writing classes on Tuesdays,  6 - 8:30 PM, June 4,11,18.

See the Writing Classes for 2024 page for more information about the classes.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments in the comment box. They will not show up immediately, but will publish once I moderate them. I respond to your comments when I read them.