So not only did you teach me about writing memoir, you also taught me about reading and thinking about how others write memoir. Thank you so much! Rebecca

Accepting what is to come

You can’t change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails.

Friday, March 22, 2019

WRITERS' NIGHT OUT-- APRIL 12 -- CHECK OUT THIS YEAR'S SCHEDULE


Thanks to Karen Paul Holmes, we can look forward to a night of listening to poems and prose by our best writers. 

https://netwestwriters.blogspot.com/2019/03/2019-writers-night-out-blairsville.html

We have such a good time at Writers Night Out in Blairsville, GA. 
Karen always creates an excellent schedule of prose writers and poets and still has time for Open Mic.

For those of us who live in Union, Towns, Clay and Cherokee Counties, this is a perfect way to spend a Friday evening - have dinner, meet with our writing friends, hear a couple of excellent writers and read a poem or short piece of prose.



I am happy that Michelle Keller and I will be featured readers May 10, 7:00 p.m. 
Mary Mike, my friend, writes poetry that is memorable and shows her knowledge of what makes a good poem.
She is one of the busiest people I know, and one of the most knowledgeable people I know. No matter what I need she can tell me what to do or she can come over and take care of it. But she is a dear friend who is always there for me as I am for her.



Here is the complete 2019 schedule for Writers' Night Out

  • April 12:           Chelsea Rathburn & James May
  • May 10:            Glenda Beall & Mary Mike Keller
  • June 14             James Davis & Dan Veach
  • July 12:             Victoria Barken & Ryvers Stewart
  • August 9:          Mary Ricketson & Loren Leith
  • September 13:  Kathy Nelson & Karen Paul Holmes
  • October 11:       Linda Jones & Alan Cone
  • November 8:     Rosemary Royston & TBA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments in the comment box. They will not show up immediately, but will publish once I moderate them. I respond to your comments when I read them.